When civil unrest happens, weather coordinated by crooked individuals or not, martial law will be declared. So, what does martial law include? Under martial law the federal government will seize all fuel, food, labor, and set up a curfew in short. There are a number of executive orders that have been enacted under Presidents as far back as Kennedy outlining what will need to happen under martial law, below are some examples I've found.
- Martial law is defined as: military rule or authority imposed on a civilian population when the civil authorities cannot maintain law and order, as in a time of war or during an emergency.
- Hitler turned Germany into a Nazi dictatorship through executive orders.
- Executive Order 10995: All communications media are to be seized by the Federal Government. Radio, TV, newspapers, CB, Ham, telephones, and the internet will be under federal control. Hence, the First Amendment will be suspended indefinitely.
- Executive Order 10997: All electrical power, fuels, and all minerals well be seized by the federal government.
- Executive Order 10998: All food resources, farms and farm equipment will be seized by the government. You will not be allowed to hoard food since this is regulated.
- Executive Order 10999: All modes of transportation will go into government control. Any vehicle can be seized.
- Executive Order 11000: All civilians can be used for work under federal supervision.
- Executive Order 11490: Establishes presidential control over all US citizens, businesses, and churches in time of "emergency."
- Executive Order 12919: Directs various Cabinet officials to be constantly ready to take over virtually all aspects of the US economy during a State of National Emergency at the direction of the president.
- Executive Order 13010: Directs FEMA to take control over all government agencies in time of emergency. FEMA is under control of executive branch of the government.
- Executive Order 12656: "ASSIGNMENT OF EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RESPONSIBILITIES", "A national emergency is any occurrence, including natural disaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergency that seriously degrades or seriously threatens the national security of the United States. Policy for national security emergency preparedness shall be established by the President." This order includes federal takeover of all local law enforcement agencies, wage and price controls, prohibits you from moving assets in or out of the United States, creates a draft, controls all travel in and out of the United States, and much more.
- Martial law can be declared due to natural disasters, Y2k Crisis, Stock Market crash, no electricity, riots, biological attack, .... anything leading to the breakdown of law and order.
First and foremost a little trick I learned from being homeless for 5 years is being in small groups is an instant survival technique. Talk with your neighbors and friends about what to do if even a huge disaster hits your town. When forming your small group, realize everyone is in it for survival, so if you can't contribute, you wont last long. The reason why you travel in groups being homeless is because of security and common interests. Think of it like this, everyone acts independently and for the group. No one is going to attack 10 people with 3 people. Also, everyone has different skills and resources that can be used for the group that can ensure everyone's survival, in a way it'll be like barter.
Swallow your pride, you might be humiliated or searched, but cooperation ensures survival. Last thing you want is to go to a FEMA camp. Under martial law, the military is the law, so unless it's immoral, follow the instructions. There will be plenty of people fighting and rioting to take suspicion away from you if you just cooperate. Even in prison the guy who's good and cooperates with the guards gets more freedom than the guy trying to make a stand.
Avoid areas there there is civil unrest. Putting yourself right in the middle of the action would not make logical sense. Unless you're forced to, don't go there, call into work if you have to or call the authorities to see what the best course of action is. This might be small, but it could save your life.
While watching the documentary “Collapse” with Michael Rupert, he talked about when India had their financial collapse. Everyone drove their cars to the airport and purchased a one way ticket home. It's always good to be close to family if you can, so if you see that things are deteriorating, take some time and go be with your family.
Talk with your friends and neighbors, ask them to be calm during this situation, even offer them help. One thing drug dealers are good for is keeping crime rate low because when the police show up it hurts business. Take that same approach towards your neighborhood. If you can be a peace maker and keep the heat out of your neighborhood it will either allow this to go away quicker or allow authorities to focus on other areas.
Remember, the soldiers coming to your house are Americans too. Although certain entities in our society have taken upon themselves the responsibility of driving a wedge between public servants and the public doesn't mean you need to take it out on them. Remember, our soldiers have seen the ugliness of battle trying to defend this country, last thing they want to do is kill an American. Our police officers, although laws have been created to demonize them, are doing what the law allows them to do. They don't want to hurt anyone unless they're being threatened themselves no matter how much the media has demonized them. Realize those are the guys you'll be running to when you're in trouble, so don't burn that bridge.
Keep organic seeds for the aftermath. Once this is all over society will be dust. Expect that food and water may be scarce depending on the area of the country you are in. Be prepared to rebuild your community from scratch because society may be thrown back 70 years. Remember work, skills, and food are always the best currency.
**Blogger Note: This is part 1 of a 2 part article. Part 2 will be published tomorrow night.**